Monday, December 27, 2010

Get the Pan

So my mom sends my family the traditional Christmas card.  All the right things are included; Christmas message, her love and her underlining special words, like we wouldn’t understand the way it is written.  This underlining is a special talent.  I don’t remember having a card sent by my mom without some portion of it being underlined.  I guess this is her thing.  So as usual we received the Christmas card, nothing out of the ordinary except the note handwritten on the card itself.  This is another Marie thing, her cards either lack the proper information when purchased or just not enough time in a day to find the right message.  So as I’m reading this note I’m thinking to myself, this is going to be visible to anyone who comes to the house.  Like most families we have all our cards displayed.  As you may already know, my mom does read this blog and likes it.  This must be her way of hinting about an entry.  Mom here is your entry, thanks for reminding me of this wonderful memory.  So here goes.  The message written on my Christmas card reads like this.  ”Remember the stainless steel pan?”  In my head I answer, yes how could I forget the mixing bowl?  I remember her calling it “the pan.”  This bowl was our only mixing bowl, probably not, but at least the largest of our family mixing bowls.  We used this bowl for everything; brownies, cookies, cakes, meatloaf, salad, scotch-a roos, popcorn I mean everything.  So I continue reading.  She states,” remember how we used this pan for everything?”  Yes, I remember.  She expounds; “remember when you kids would get sick and I would put this pan beside your bed for you to vomit in?”  Enough said mom, this is my family’s Christmas card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, that's funny!- Dawn

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious!